Tuesday 29 October 2013

☆ Bubble Tea In London ☆

 


What is Bubble Tea ?!


Bubble Tea is Taiwanese tea-based drink, it can be drunk hot or cold and is usually made with iced tea, sweetened milk or other flavorings. It also has small black balls inside called tapioca balls which are usually sweet and chewy. 


Where can you try bubble tea ?!

In London there are a variety of different places in which you can try Bubble Tea. The first place I tried bubble tea was in a bubble tea shop in Soho called Bubbleology. I remember at first I was unsure about it but once I tried it I found it really yummy :D However even if you don't live near London there are plenty more Bubble Tea shops all over the country and all around the world where you can try it  ^^ 


Here's a list of my top 3 bubble tea

shops London and 
my opinions of them ~!



Bubbleology 

Bubbleology is probably the most famous and popular of the Bubble Tea shops in London. Their bubble tea is yummy and cheep and they have a great service in a friendly atmosphere. If your new to bubble tea I would suggest you try here first as the staff all speak English and can guide you on which flavors you'd like best. Also they have a great website which explains fully about bubble tea and all the variations, click here to see ^^ Bubbleology also have a Facebook page where they hold competitions often, I recently won a competition where I had to name a new flavor of bubble tea, I came up with the name Berry Burst, however I haven't seen it in their shop yet, Id be so happy and excited If I did ^^ ☆





Special - milk tea, fruit tea, fun atmosphere.
Address - 49 Rupert Street Soho W1D 6PF London.
Days and times - Mon - Sun: 11:00 - 23:30
Cost - £3.45 - £3.75









Boba Jam is more of a traditional Bubble Tea shop. The shop is divided into two sections, one side is for takeaways and the other side has tables where you can sit, I think that's a really good idea as you have more time to sit and look through the menu before you place your order. They also sell amazing deserts and snacks which are delicious and fairly cheep for London ^^ The staff there are mostly Asian but do understand English and they are also really friendly. I'd say that Boba Jam is my favorite as its more relaxed (less busy than Bubbleology, more seats) and you get more authentic bubble tea. Also Boba Jam was the first ever bubble tea shop to open in central London :D 



Specials - KTV, desserts, snacks.
Address - 100-102 Shaftesbury Avenue W1D 5EE London.
Days and times - Mon - Sun: 11:30 - 11:30
Cost - £3.60

Website - http://www.bobajam.co.uk/






Cuppacha

Cuppacha is a small bubble tea shop located in the heart of Chinatown. I actually really like the location as its so close to the shops we usually go in however the negative side of that is that its always pretty busy. Cuppacha is good because it has LOTS of different flavors to try, more than Bobajam ;D Also the 'pearls' are nice and soft, not too hard in the middle. Some people however complain its overly priced for example the milk teas get free pearls where as the fruit ones you have to pay for extra (i personally cant remember if that was true for me :/ ) Also when I first went they had run out of boba D: I was kinda shocked but it was fairly late at night and the drink itself was still yummy *^ ^*



Specials - Taiwanese Biscuits.
Address - 23 Newport Court  WC2H 7JS London
Days and times - Mon - Sun: 11:00 - 23:00
Cost - £3.25 - £3.75

Website https://www.facebook.com/ilovecuppacha



There are however many more bubble tea shops in London, recently lots have opened and its hard to try them all especially when you really love one shop and your worried it wont taste as good and you'll regret it *><* But I'm sure they are all just as yummy, you just have to find the flavor which is right for you (◕‿◕✿)






No comments:

Post a Comment